Dr. M.L. Harendra Kumar, aged 56yrs, working as a Dean, Faculty of Medicine in Sri Devaraj Urs academy of Higher Education & Research, Tamaka, Kolar since 06-04-2015.
- He did his MBBS in 1984 at Government Medical College, Mysore University, Mysore and MD in Pathology in 1991 at Mahadevappa Rampura Medical College, Gulbarga University. He started his academic career on 11-08-1996 as a PG/Tutor.
- He has 31 years of teaching experience for undergraduates students and 26 years of teaching experience for postgraduates students in various cadres and Medical Colleges like, MRMC, Gulbarga, AIMS, Bellur, Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Medical College and in Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College, Kolar.
- He has worked as a Professor and HOD, in the Department of Pathology for more than 12 years.
- During his academic career he has been examiner for UG & PG students in various universities. His research interests are in the fields of oncopathology and histopathology and have published 85 research papers in National/International Index Journals and presented 68 scientific papers in various conferences and CME. He is a Ph.D. Guide in Pathology of the academy.
- He is a life member of IAPM, KCIAPM and NTTC, Pondicherry and involved in organizing State level CME and conducted 11 CMEs and 38th State Level KCIAPM Conference.
- He was Chairman BOS – Para clinical UG & PG, and executive members of the various committee of the academy.
- He was elected and worked as Vice-President of KCIAPM for the year 2012-13 and President of the association for the year 2013-14.
- He had received, Fellowship from Indian College of Pathologist (FICP) on
1st2011 at APCON, Chandigarh.
- Best Teacher Award for the year 2013 from SDUAHER on 5th2013.
- Best Educationist Award from International Institute of Education and Management (IIEM) New Delhi for outstanding achievements in the field of Education in 2016.
- Rashtriya Vidya Gaurav Gold Medal Award from Indian Solidarity Council (ISC), New Delhi in 2016.
Dr. Harendra Kumar brings with him rich academic and administrative experience and worked as Director, Curriculum Development and Director Academics from
17-09-2010 to 05-04-2015 of the academy, before assuming the office as Dean Faculty of Medicine, SDUAHER.