About Library / Profile
The library meets the information needs of the faculty and students. It is housed in the ground and first floor of the silver jubilee building in the campus. The library is centrally air conditioned and well-furnished for users. The library has Wi-Fi facilities to browse and access the resources. The library is serving as a medical learning resource center, support to research, educational and clinical needs of the students, faculty and research scholars of the university. The Library is kept open on all working days from 8.30 AM to 9.00 PM. and all general holidays, Sundays and 2nd Saturday from 9.00 AM to 2.00 PM and own book reading section 8.00 AM to 11.00 PM.
Currently, the collection of the library consists of 25555 volumes of books, 1082 back volumes (journals) and 1071 compact discs (CD). The library subscribes 53 foreign titles of current journals, 105 Indian journals and 25 online journals. Additional to print sources ProQuest database (3051 titles.) subscribed. The library has well equipped digital library with 1Gbps Internet bandwidth and 40+ computers, printers scanners, and SSPS software to facilitate the users using ICT infrastructure in enhancing their reference based research work. 1335 new books were added to the library collection during the year.
Vision of the library:
The SDUAHER Library & Information Centre links the academia (people), reliable health sciences knowledge, and technology in support of effective learning, quality health care, vital research, and engaging community service.
Mission of the library:
The staff of the library strives for the highest quality services as they enhance access to the knowledge base of the health sciences, instruct users in information retrieval and management techniques, and acquire and organize a specialized collection of electronic, print and other resources in a cost-effective manner.
Goals: To provide:
- Provide service excellence and timely access to information in the health sciences, independent of user location and mode of access.
- Teach access to, retrieval of, and synthesis of information for education, clinical decision making, and research.
- Provide access to a variety of resources to meet users’ educational, clinical and research needs.
- Create a workplace that develops staff, provides a flexible work space, exhibits effective communication, and supports success planning opportunities.
- Create a marketing process that keeps users informed of library resources and services.
- Review the use of library space for innovative opportunities to enhance user satisfaction.
- Perform a comprehensive user needs assessment to determine areas of strength and weakness in services, resources and/or operations. The results will be used to inform continuous improvement priorities over the coming years.
- Review and implement options to improve the management and delivery of information services.
- Lending of Books
- Reference Service
- Document Delivery Service
- Internet Training
- Reprographic Service
- Literature Search
- Compilation of Bibliographies
- User Education
- Book Bank and Inter library lending service
- Organizing Book Exhibitions
Circulation/ Lending Procedure:
Library and Information Centre is providing book Circulation (lending) service for the benefit of library user’s community. Books will be issued on presentation of the library card / Identity card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return. The members can borrow books, journals and CDs as mentioned below.
Borrowing Limits & Overdue Charges:
|Books||Journals / CDs|
Bound & CD’s
Library document/s can be issued between 10.30 AM to 8.00PM on all week days, except holidays, 2nd Saturday and Sundays.
The users are requested to return the borrowed books to the library on or before the due date to avoid the penalty of Over Due Charges. Students are advised to obtain the NO DUE CERTIFICATE from the library at the end of the Academic Year.
Students and faculty members are eligible to borrow library books at a time as mentioned above. In the last page slip is pasted and stamped mentioning the due date and the fine will be charged @ ` 5 per day per book from the due date till the book is returned to library.
Books and Journals may be borrowed by Staff and Students
Stack Books and Bound Journals are permitted to borrow
Reference Books are not permitted to borrow.
Members of the teaching staff may borrow Reference Books and Current Journals for a maximum of 3 days for teaching purposes.
Members of the PG Students may borrow current Journals for a maximum of 3 days for teaching purposes.
There no extension of lending time for students going for holidays or examinations. Loss of borrowed books/Journals the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the Prinipal.